Thursday, July 12, 2007

I was checking my school email account when I came across this particular mail:



The sender appears to be a guy, so my assumption is that either he's sexist, or is a closet prankster.

Anyway, this morning I woke up at 10.30, so I obviously missed the 9 a.m. class. The next lesson was at 12, but I didn't really feel like going, so I took my time and went to White Sands for brunch.

I walked the whole mall but couldn't decide on what to eat. I wanted something filling, but didn't want rice or noodles. Somehow I eventually decided on a McLunch.

Having watched 'Super Size Me', I was aware of the danger of McFries, and because of that, I wanted to eat as little fries I could. In the end I decided on a Fillet-O-Fish student's meal plus a Double Cheeseburger.

The aunty behind the counter took my order, and the food was promptly served.

Aunty: $7.60 please
Me:??!! Wah price increase ah?
Aunty: Ya la GST increase mah.

I've heard that student's meal had a price increase. But this much?! I thought the increase was only 2% more?! Where got increase so much one?! (An identical meal bought at McDonalds 2 weeks ago would only cost $6.60)

Having already exceeded my $7/day budget (I'm really broke now) on one single meal made me so sad that I was practically sulking as I consumed the tray of poison I just bought for $7.60.


This shit costs $7.60

Throughout the meal, I was imagining this in my head:


You just got ripped off, sucker, and there aint nothing you could do about it HAHAHA high five!

I seriously think that us consumers are really getting exploited by all the goods and service providers with this GST increase. Everywhere I see price increase of more than 2% and I it's really unfair when these companies use this as an excuse to gain more profit.

But this GST hike isn't all bad. At least now I've got another reason why I won't eat at McDonalds.

No comments: