Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Have you ever wondered, if you could have any one dream fulfilled, what would it be?

I'm not sure about you, but I sure did spend some time thinking about it.

The first thought that came to mind was to receive a huge amount of money, i.e. $10 million or something around that line, so that I could buy most of the things I want and save up the rest so starting a business wouldn't be so difficult in the future. But then I thought, money probably isn't the most important thing, so I threw the thought away.

The next thing that came to mind was World Peace (I swear). The world would definitely be a better place without all the jihads and counter-jihads and violence and discrimination, and finally everyone on Earth could live in peace and harmony. However, I thought to myself, could humans, being such greedy creatures, ever understand the concept of peace, or would they just start breeding all the traits that we try so hard to eliminate once the wish (my wish!) was granted? And this lead my thought to thinking that the only way to achieve world peace would be to make all human beings disappear from the face of Earth, and by doing that essentially I would be wishing to make MYSELF cease existing! Not a very nice thought indeed.

And of course, the little fish-seller in me also reminded me that even if world peace was granted and I did not disappear, I probably would still be living my life as it is now, and there would be no improvements at all, not even an addition of an electronic drum set in my room.

Then there's immortality. That's plain dumb.

I've always thought that I am a very unlucky person. I seldom win lucky draws, lucky things rarely happens to me blah blah blah. So I thought, maybe I could wish for the best luck in the world. Imagine this, with the best luck in the world, I could live on winning lotteries, and probably get most of the things I want in the world (first wish fulfilled), and I would never be hit by bird shit or killer litter or get killed by terrorists. But then I thought to myself, life would be meaningless if everything was so easy. So cannot la.

Then I imagined what a person with the purest mind would wish for. And I can't thing of anyone else with a pure mind except for a kid. And if you grant a kid a wish, they'd probably wish for something along the line of a hug from mummy, or milk. Sure I could wish for milk, and then get labelled "moron" or "the guy who wished for milk" for the rest of my life.

My thoughts then suddenly jumped to the wishlist that I made several posts ago. I could wish for a drum set. After 2 seconds I gave it up, reason being I'd be label something like "the guy who wished for an effing drum set" and then get assassinated by a tycoon who has a terminal disease. (you can go figure why)

Suddenly this thought sprang to my mind. I've got at least 5 other possible wishes that I could write about but I was getting bored typing this entry. So ima just have to conclude it here.

Among all the wishes above, I suddenly feel that the first one on receiving alot of money seems to be the best, and here's why:

1. It wouldn't make me disappear
2. I could do alot of things with that money
3. Life would still be challenging, the money would only be a boost
4. It's not stupid

And so should I meet a genie today, you most likely know what I would wish for. And one conclusion, wishes are very mafan.

Now, what's YOUR wish?

No comments: